Find the Right Diaper Size
Since babies come in all shapes and sizes, diapers should too. That’s why we have five sizes of gPants: for the most comfortable and effective diaper to fit your baby’s changing shape. See both our diaper size chart and sizing tips below:
Diaper Size Chart by WeightIt’s simple! Choose the size gPants, then pick the corresponding size insert from the chart below:
Here’s another way to look at sizes:
...for our reusable gPants
- Newborn - for brand new babies 6 - 10 lbs (2-5 kg)
- Small - for babies 8 - 14 lbs (3-7 kg)
- Medium - for babies 13 - 28 lbs (5-13 kg)
- Large - for babies 22 - 36 lbs (10-16 kg)
- Extra Large - for babies 34 + lbs (15+ kg)
...for our disposable diaper inserts
- Newborn/Small - fits inside newborn and small gPants.
- Medium/Large/X-Large - fits inside medium, large, and extra large gPants.
Diaper Sizing Tips
- Most babies wear Medium longer than other sizes.
- Some babies move up to Large around 8 months then come back down to Medium when mobility increases.
- Many babies are done with diapers before they ever need Extra Large.
When to Move Up Diaper SizesHooray! Your baby is growing! Here are some more indicators that your baby is ready for a new size:
- If you start to see leaks, and you’ve tried all the troubleshooting tips.
- If you begin to see deep red marks on baby’s skin that indicate the gPants are too tight and you have no room left to expand on the adjustable waistband.
- Your own gut instinct—it’s the best tool you could have!