Just for newborns
Parenthood is going to be awesome. And the hardest thing you’ll ever do. So trust yourself. Breathe. And bask in the sweet details.
Cute and comfy from day one
Itty bitty babies need itty bitty gDiapers. And nothing fits your new baby better than newborn gPants because they’re specifically designed for those first few weeks of life.
Newborn gPants features
- Perfectly sized for brand new babies.
- Snaps down in front below the bellybutton. Once the umbilical cord heals, just release the snaps for a higher, more comfortable rise.
- Adjustable closures fasten around the back and let tiny legs curl up naturally.
- Sewn-in pouch allows baby’s delicate skin to breathe, which reduces irritation and diaper rash, while also minimizing bulk.
Tips for success from the get-go
- Tuck inserts into gPants before you change your baby. Cold air can sometimes stimulate newborns to go to the bathroom, so getting ready ahead of time helps minimize the time her tiny bum is exposed to a changing pad (and your shirt!).
- Newborns can poop 10 to 12 times a day. It may feel overwhelming, but know that this will quickly slow down as they grow.
- Side closures don’t need to be as tight as you may think. Gently attach them nice and high in the back (making sure they aren’t turned down, where they could rub in the crease of baby’s leg).
Transitioning from size newborn to small gPants
Newborn gPants are made just for those first few magical weeks of life. You can move to size small when your baby is around eight pounds—though babies come in all different shapes and sizes, so check out our moving up in size page for more guidance. When moving to regular gPants, you’ll no longer need the snaps in the front for the umbilical cord, and the pouch snaps in so you can just replace the pouch and not the whole gPant for less laundry. Our regular gPants are as thoughtfully designed as the newborn gPants.
Changing is simple
- Tuck Disposable Insert into gPants. (See more on sizing.)
- Close tabs around the back.
- For a good fit, rest the trim of the pouch in the crease of baby’s leg, just like underwear. (See more fit tips.)
- All diapers should be changed every 2 to 4 hours for a dry, happy baby. (See more on washing and care.)
3 Disposal Options
1) choose your gPants. 2) Tuck in the insert. 3) Change your baby. Hug.
What you’ll need for full-time gDiapering
- 6-8 gPants for full time use (bonus: removable, breathable pouch allows you to replace just the pouch instead of the whole pant when changing)
- Disposable Inserts, size Newborn/Small (even if you plan on using Cloth Inserts, newborn gPants work best with Disposable Inserts)
Baby on the way?
If your baby is on the way and you're planning to use gDiapers, choose the Newborn Bundle to get started using gDiapers from day one. The Newborn Bundle includes 12 newborn gPants, plus 6 small gPants and two packages of Disposable Inserts to get you started.