Passion and Intimacy, Post-Children (Part II of II)
For many couples, passion and intimacy (and sex!) change after you have children. Time, lack of sleep, and other factors impact the sex lives of post-children couples. Is this just a fact of life or can you still have a passion-filled life with your partner after having children?
Today’s episode (Part II of II) is all about sex ... well, passion and intimacy and reconnecting with your partner — after you have children. Listen in as DJ interviews licensed clinical social worker and AASECT certified sex therapist, Kristin Hodson.
Missed Part I? Check it out here.
- How your life, sleep, and sex patterns change after having children
- Reinventing your relationship: How we negotiate a “new normal” and find a new place to exist, thrive and connect
- How “shared space” can impact your sex life
- Calendaring/scheduling time to have sex
- Spontaneous sex happens at the earliest stages of a relationship and notsomuch later in the relationship (and that’s okay!)
- How to navigate “children logistics” with sex and connection dates
- Talking about sex is a "skill set" — you have to practice it
- We focus a lot on the act of sex, but not enough on the pleasure of it
- The analogy between sex and cooking!
- The best sex of your lives happens in your 50s and 60s!
Links from Contributors
- Kristin Hodson's Website
- Free gift download from Kristin
- The Healing Group
- Rocky Mountain Sex Summit
Have an idea for the show?
Have a topic you'd love for us to discuss? Call 1-866-553-5874 extension 500 and leave us a voicemail.
Meet the host: DJ Waldow
DJ Waldow is a husband, father (of 4... including TWINS!), and a 7-year gDiapers user—his children, not him. He's an advocate, a super-fan, and an overall lover of the gDiapers brand, product, and community. DJ also happens to have his own marketing company, 3LTRZ, where he helps clients with content creation—like podcasts. DJ has launched 3 (now 4) podcasts over the years, recording over 100 episodes!