Passion and Intimacy, Post-Children (Part I of II)
Today’s episode (Part I of II) is about passion, intimacy and reconnecting with your partner after you have children. For many couples, passion and intimacy (and sex!) change after you have children due to lack of time, sleep, and other factors. Is this just a fact of life or can you still have a passion-filled life with your partner after having children? We asked two super-smart “sexperts,” Sarah Peck and Nate Bagley.
Sarah Peck is the host of The Startup Pregnant Podcast, a weekly show featuring pioneering stories of women in leadership, life, and parenting. Nate Bagley is host of The Loveumentary Podcast, creator of a Unbox Love (a “date-in-a-box”) subscription service for couples, and founder of First 7 Years, a site dedicated to sharing the most powerful, life-changing, relationship-strengthening secrets Nate has ever discovered.
- The notion “we’ll do it better” than other couples!
- How relationships in your family go from 3 to 7 when you add one kiddo to the mix (you’ll have to listen for full explanation).
- To plan, or not plan (sex). Calendar reminders? Siri alerts?
- Flirt texting!
- Talking through your goals with you partner.
- Learning how to “take your foot off the brake” and “put the pedal to the metal.”
- Knowing that everything can (and often does) change in relationships. There is no “right" or “wrong.”
Links from Contributors
Have an idea for the show?
Have a topic you'd love for us to discuss? Call 1-866-553-5874 extension 500 and leave us a voicemail.
Meet the host: DJ Waldow
DJ Waldow is a husband, father (of 4... including TWINS!), and a 7-year gDiapers user—his children, not him. He's an advocate, a super-fan, and an overall lover of the gDiaper brand, product, and community. DJ also happens to have his own marketing company, 3LTRZ, where he helps clients with content creation—like podcasts. DJ has launched 3 (now 4) podcasts over the years, recording over 100 episodes!