New Episode: Pregnancy & Infant Loss, It Takes a Village Podcast
It's estimated that 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage and pregnancy loss, and yet we don't talk about it very much. If you have been through a miscarriage, you might feel very alone. We’re going to talk about that today.
Our guest is Krista Parry. She will be sharing her story of her loss, from early-stage to later-stage miscarriage. She talks about how sharing her feelings and her journey on social media has helped her and her family come to terms with the loss and the grief. She’s also impacted others who have experienced the loss of a pregnancy, as they now know that they’re not alone.
- Krista’s plans for her family, as well as medical issues that caused her to have difficulty conceiving.
- How Krista was surprised by her second and subsequent pregnancies after struggling with infertility.
- The differences between a very early loss and a later loss.
- Why Krista made the choice to share about her miscarriage on social media.
- How Krista grieved and coped after her second miscarriage while also mothering her two little boys.
- The difference between her grief and that of her husband.
- Why Krista urges women who have had miscarriages to share their stories with others.
- How Krista’s beliefs helped her and her children to find comfort after the loss.
Links From Contributors:
Quotes From This Episode:“We can plan for everything, but oftentimes, none of that happens.”
“I made the choice to post about [my miscarriage] because you never see anything about it; people don’t talk about it.”
“The beauty of parenthood... is that we can be at rock-bottom, but come out of that and be happy. The hard thing that Mommy went through made her stronger.”
Have an idea for the show?
Have a topic you'd love for us to discuss? Call 1-866-553-5874 extension 500 and leave us a voicemail.
Meet the host: DJ Waldow
DJ Waldow is a husband, father (of 4... including TWINS!), and a 7-year gDiapers user—his children, not him. He's an advocate, a super-fan, and an overall lover of the gDiaper brand, product, and community. DJ also happens to have his own marketing company, 3LTRZ, where he helps clients with content creation—like podcasts. DJ has launched 3 (now 4) podcasts over the years, recording over 100 episodes!