7 Diaper Changing Table Must-Haves (Plus Not Needed Items!)
Setting up your diaper changing table with only the important stuff and being prepared for anything will make diaper changes simple, fast, and calm. Here’s what you’ll really need:
Diaper Changing Table Checklist
Essential #1: Disposable Diaper Inserts
- Obviously. Ha! Stackable and thin, they won’t take up much room.
Essential #2: Baby wipes
- Disposable or cloth, store-bought or handmade ones like Marley's Monsters. Tip: Remember the oodles of baby washcloths and bibs from your baby shower? Reuse them as wipes! Grab a spray bottle of homemade baby wipe solution, and you’re set.
Essential #3: Extra pouches
- To switch out in case the pouch is dirty but the gPants are still clean (which, usually, they are!).
Essential #4: Diaper changing pad
- We like portable ones that can easily move with you and your baby. It also makes it easier to clean when things get messy. Wherever you make the change, be sure it’s in a safe place where baby can’t fall or roll off. Our fave: patemm pads.
Essential #5: Burp cloths
- Young babies tend to spit up, especially when they are lying down. Be prepared to wipe up messes from both ends! (Hint: Cloth Inserts work well for this job too!)
Essential #6: Baby soothers
- Think toys, pacifiers, cheerleading partners. When baby gets fussy, you’ll be ready to entertain or calm with ease. Our fave: handmade teething jewelry.
Essential #7: Wet bag (for Cloth Inserts)
- For cloth inserts that are ready for laundry (pouches and gPants can be washed with your regular laundry). Or use a ziplock bag in a pinch! Our fave: handmade ones.
Unnecessary Diaper Changing Products with gDiapers
Not needed: Diaper rash cream
- gDiapers are waterproof and breathable, which means less rash.
Not needed: Diaper pail
- Disposable Inserts are flushable and compostable (wet ones only), so you really could go without one!
Not needed: Air fresheners
- Since you’ll be putting poo where it belongs (in the toilet), there’s no smell!
What are some of your favorite diaper station tricks or products? We’d love to know!